Today is my 35th day of gratitude list diary, my 27th day of meditation, my 6th week of the Spartan-like morning routine and around the last Monday, I’ve started to feel a little lost. Tuesday I told myself that maybe I was just a little physically tired and this morning I skipped my fitness routine to put down a list of thoughts about:
- my schedule results
- meditation results
- fitness results
- My Spartan-like morning routine is so good for me that I need something similar to better structure my late mornings and afternoons.
- I need more structure, but I need as well more variety –> solid grid, diverse activity
- I still find very hard to keep track of minutes. They slip away through my fingers like sand. Avoiding social media in the morning really helps, but it’s not enough. I need more focus on the moment.
- I should keep a diary (with a count of the minutes I lose) starting today.
- I should take a stroll or a ride on my bicycle every day.
- While I was preparing to go to bed yesterday, I was hit by negative thoughts and feelings rather badly. I reacted by doing these things in an almost automatic way:
- recognised what I was experiencing
- refused to focus on those bad thoughts
- distracted myself just browsing my newsfeed
- understood that without meditation, I would never be able to do that. Meditation is helping me escape the self.
- I must set aside more moments during the day to meditate. Since today, I must start doing it at least twice a day.
- Yesterday it was my tenth day of morning exercises!
- I have a problem with my body image, it goes back to my adolescence.
- I took a break
- I was not so happy at the scale (50.5 kgs) but I know I’m mad.
- My waistline today is 65 cms and I am super-happy!
- My husband observed I have a more defined bottom
Overall success: I finished editing this post within the morning! I’ve still time to finish and edit the next Friday short tale for The Charming Cookie Jar within today! Then I could ride to the library and finish to read Black Hole, by Charles Burns. It’s a wonderful day. And you? What are you going to do, today? Are you happy with your action plan? Let me know in the comment section below. In the meanwhile, thank you for your time.