- I am a perfectionist in recovery. I used to cry for not doing things as planned. I used to stop a useful/pleasant activity for not doing it perfectly. I used to avoid new things because of the fear to suck at them. Now I am an Italian who writes in English and an amateur illustrator for my own short stories. I think I suck at both, but I keep on doing these things.
- I am a Scorpio. I don’t know if this can really define something of me, but here I am saying it. I am also left handed. I like to keep hidden my true thoughts when among strangers. I prefer self-damaging to defeat. Autumn is my favourite season of the year and I prefer shadow to direct sunlight. Maybe I truly am a mystical creature of darkness, death and rebirth. Maybe it’s only that I like Halloween, mythology and fairy tales.
- My handwriting is terrible, almost illegible. To be honest, I like it just the way it is. As for my personality and my life in general, I prefer to keep a lot of things secret, private. You know, I am a Scorpio.
- I get anxious rather easily. This is the main reason why I started meditating. Guided meditation is helping me, but I have to practice it every day to have positive results.
I married my best friend. My husband and I met in 2003 and we become friends as if it was the most natural thing to do. We started to date each other in 2007 and it didn’t work out, but we kept our friendship alive. We kept it alive through distance and personal crisis until in 2011, when we finally met again. We discussed what had not worked and why and started to date again. In 2013, we moved together and in 2014, we married. This June, we will celebrate our second anniversary. I could not and would not imagine my life without him.
- I have always written stories and writing has always been my passion. But fear kept me away from really trying. Perfectionism made me throw away half written stories and just roughly planned novels.
- I try to be happy and feel grateful a little every day. Sometimes it’s not easy because I spent a lot of my life believing that happiness was an elusive moment in a grey reality. But it’s not. It does not have to be that way. You can choose to feel happiness and you have the damn right to feel it.
So, those were the seven facts that I had to post. The other rules of the award are:
- Make a post upon receiving the award mentioning a little thank you to the one who nominated you
- Write down seven facts about you of any sort
- Nominate 15 blogs and let them know.
My 15 nominees are:
Alexis Chateau, Crumb Cult, Hanna Laasberg, Jurnul, MakeltUltraPsycholoy, Kimman Warren, Hanna, Destination Humanity, CommonSenseTom, A Floating Speck, World of Horror, Postprodigal, A Lonely Blue Boy, Kelzbelzphotography, Posiworld1.
I was not used participating in awards, so if anyone of my nominees prefer not to answer the call, really it is not a problem. Participate only if you’d like to. I thank again Grace Anne for this award, it gave me the chance to talk a little about myself and have a nice topic for my Monday post.
Thank you for reading this post. Thank you for your precious time. Have a nice Monday and a nice brand new week 🙂